We are looking for Senior Technician's who will be working a shift pattern in our Loop Street, Cape Town office on a rota basis of 4 x 12-hour day shifts, 4 x days off, 4 x 12-hour nights on a continuous loop. Training on various pieces of security software will be offered alongside the opportunity to work on a global account with a UK based company. The roles are very much desk based and therefore would not suit candidates who are looking to go out to site.
The principal responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- System Administration, version upgrades, patching, change mgmt. & hardware configuration updates and governance
- Day to day operations - maintenance and support - including but not limited to reactive support activities, ticket triage, escalations, etc.
- Day to day operations – administration - including but not limited to; profile, photo, clearance administration, and reporting
- Day to day monitoring of activities within a specific site or region including access control, CCTV, and intrusion detection related activities
- Application related issue (impacting a single site or individual assets on a single site, with limited impact to core business activities)
- Application related issue (impacting day to day core business activities and/or multiple sites)
- Planned routine maintenance of associated Access Control & CCTV applications.
Operations and Support
Implementing and supporting the day to day operations of the security systems;
- Regular review of system performance and system events
- Checking the status of security hardware
- Regular system reporting
- Health checks of server hardware
- Enforcing controls and standards
Support and Services
- Assisting the upgrade of thick client installations.
- Assisting operators with day to day issues and escalating if unable to solve
- Diagnosing/rectifying issues reported by the security/customers service staff escalating if unable to solve
Routine System Maintenance
Planned maintenance of the security systems at a regional level:
- Working with the local integrator to oversee PPM
- Run reports to show high volume of alarms on devices and rectify
- Assess of impact of the maintenance requirement to local staff and escalate if necessary.
- OS patching on a monthly basis (or as agreed by the client’s IT department)
- Testing of version upgrades and Service Pack installations in the test environment
- Flagging any issues discovered including impact on 3rd party connected services
- Installing approved version upgrades and Service Packs in the live and environment
- Assisting with firmware upgrades of field devices (Carried out by local integrator)
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Experience with Enterprise Security Systems
- Excellent Attention to detail
- Experience with ticketing systems
- Able to assess reported issues and rectify
- Excellent communication skills to peers and clients
- Advanced Knowledge IMPRO, FCwinX or similar applications
- Able to provide Microsoft OS support
- Able to perform of Network Diagnostics
- Understanding of data protection and GDPR
BS7858 Standard International clearance will be required for this post