MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To provide strategic/technical security design service to the group, acting as a project manager responsible for the technical and commercial delivery of projects.
- Provide a professional security strategy design service to clients on projects as directed by Senior Management.
- Act as a project manager to ensure service and project work are carried out within agreed deadlines and within budget
- Work competently on an independent basis
- Work collaboratively in a multidiscipline design team
- Communicate directly with clients and be able to lead meetings and present when required.
- Prepare technical and financial proposals for new work
- Manage the workload of junior engineers and technicians (including verification of quality)
- Prepare and take responsibility for concept and preliminary strategy solutions for detail design
- Set up and manage job/project administrative systems, including planning and monitoring job resourcing/expenditure (adjusting these as necessary)
- Ensure the senior management team are kept informed of important and relevant service/design decisions and the objectives of the client and the company are achieved
- Represent the Company at meetings with the client, other professionals, and suppliers
- Continually ensuring that practices, policies, strategy, and services represent the client’s and the Company’s best interests and that Company policy is in keeping with current legislation, British Standards and Codes of Practice etc.
- Complete single-page CV for marketing/submissions and update regularly
- Produce related articles for industrial journals and social media
- Participate in team marketing activities and attend networking events
- Participate in marketing Company design internally and externally to showcase services on offer
- Scope new projects putting together delivery methodology as directed
- Manage project finances monthly
- Prepare fee proposals, terms, and conditions for approval
- Commitment to CPD and self-learning/development
- Maintain membership of the relevant professional body
- Coach and assist graduates and consultants
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Formalised Security design qualification (desirable)
- Experience of implementation for security management procedures
- Experienced in Counter Terrorist design (desirable)
- Experienced in Secure by Design practices (desirable)
- Experienced in design risk management methodology
- Adequate experience in a security consultancy (desirable)
- Ability to identify and meet project deadlines and deliverables to support other disciplines
- Experience with producing technical reports
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must
NB: Security screening will be conducted on the successful candidate for this post.