MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The purpose of the Security Systems Administrator is to provide regional operational support to the client’s global, enterprise systems and architecture. The system of operational support will be tiered with QCIC establishing resource at the Tier 2 (regional) level to own and manage issues that have been escalated from Tier 1 (GU/Country) level, directly in support of newly configured server environments.
The principal responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- System Administration, version upgrades, patching, change mgmt. & hardware configuration updates and governance
- Day to day operations - maintenance and support - including but not limited to reactive support activities, ticket triage, escalations, etc.
- Day to day operations – administration - including but not limited to; profile, photo, clearance administration, and reporting
- Day to day monitoring of activities within a specific site or region including access control, CCTV, and intrusion detection related activities
- Application related issue (impacting a single site or individual assets on a single site, with limited impact to core business activities)
- Application related issue (impacting day to day core business activities and/or multiple sites)
- Planned routine maintenance of the CCURE, Victor, and associated applications.
Operations and Support
Implementing and supporting the day to day operations of the security systems;
- Regular review of system performance and system events
- Checking the status of security hardware
- Regular system reporting
- Health checks of server hardware
- Enforcing controls and standards
Support and Services:
- Assisting the upgrade of thick client installations.
- Assisting operators with day to day issues and escalating if unable to solve
- Diagnosing/rectifying issues reported by the security/customers service staff escalating if unable to solve
Routine System Maintenance
Planned maintenance of the security systems at a regional level:
- Working with the local integrator to oversee PPM
- Run reports to show high volume of alarms on devices and rectify
- Assess of impact of the maintenance requirement to local staff and escalate if necessary.
- OS patching on a monthly basis (or as agreed by the clients IT department)
- Testing of version upgrades and Service Pack installations in the test environment
- Flagging any issues discovered including impact on 3rd party connected services
- Installing approved version upgrades and Service Packs in the live and environment
- Assisting with firmware upgrades of field devices (Carried out by local integrator)
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Experience with Enterprise Security Systems such as Genetec or Milestone
- Excellent Attention to detail
- Experience with ticketing systems
- Able to assess reported issues and rectify
- Excellent communication skills to peers and clients
- Advanced Knowledge of CCure 9000
- Knowledge of Software House products
- Able to provide Microsoft OS support
- Able to perform of Network Diagnostics
- Understanding of data protection and GDPR
NB: Security clearance will be required for this post.