The purpose of the Project Engineer is to provide remote operational support to the client’s global, enterprise-level electronic security systems and architecture. The client operational support will be structured in tiers with QCIC fulfilling services between global systems and client support to own and manage issues to resolution.
The Project Engineer will be required to work 3 Saturdays and 3 Sundays per quarter with any additional weekend work other than the above subject to additional remuneration. The role will be based within our Hong Kong office, currently located in Kwun Tong, however, given the present circumstances surrounding the global pandemic all staff are working remotely until advised to return to the workplace.
The successful candidate will also be required to occasionally work an early shift commencing at 6 am to support our global 'follow the sun' approach. This role forms part of our global engineering team so the successful candidates will be liaising with colleagues from the UK, South Africa, and the US.
This role would suit an individual who although may not have CCURE or Genetec experience does have equivalent access control or CCTV certifications. We will offer CCURE and Genetec training to the successful candidate.
The principal responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- System Administration, version upgrades, patching, change mgmt. & hardware configuration updates and governance.
- Helpdesk Support / Telephonic Customer Service experience
- Day to day operations - maintenance and support - including but not limited to reactive support activities, ticket triage, escalations, etc.
- Day to day operations – administration - including but not limited to; profile, photo, clearance administration, and reporting
- Day to day monitoring of activities within a specific site or region including access control, CCTV, and intrusion detection related activities
- Application related issue (impacting a single site or individual assets on a single site, with limited impact to core business activities)
- Planned routine maintenance of associated Access Control & CCTV applications.
- Work with and provide security application support to the client’s infrastructure teams related to the servers, networks infrastructure required to run the security applications
- Provide governance and control in maintaining and applying the agreed system standards with all programming and system configuration
We will conduct security screening on the successful applicant.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Experience with Enterprise Level Electronic Security Systems
- Experience with deploying and/or supporting
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience with ticketing systems
- Able to assess reported issues and rectify
- Able to work with remote connectivity tools
- Excellent communication skills to peers and clients
- Advanced Knowledge of access control or CCTV applications
- Able to provide Microsoft OS support
- Able to perform of Network Diagnostics
- Able to understand SQL and Databases