MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The main purpose of this role is to support the business through administration on a global scale. Our main HQ is in London, UK, however, we have global hubs in Hong Kong, New York and in Cape Town which is where this role will be based.
The role forms part of our Central Support team, currently consisting of team members from HR, IT and Finance overseen by our Finance Director, this role will play a vital part in not only supporting the department but the business and its employees around the world.
The role is hands-on, the successful candidate will be expected to manage a large workload and be able to prioritise tasks accordingly whilst adhering the deadlines and requirements of various regions. The successful candidate will be solely office-based with normal working hours from 08:30 am-5.30 pm SAST, however occasionally a degree of flexibility is required.
Duties include but are not limited to;
- General office support and Office365/SharePoint filing.
- Receive and direct telephone calls, take messages and forward as appropriate.
- Arranging couriers to deliver company equipment where appropriate
- Drafting, preparing, and editing documents to company standard.
- Meet and greet visitors and new starters to the office, conducting office tours.
- Liaising with landlords / key stakeholders within our shared office spaces.
- Maintaining records of fire alarms, key holders, and access.
- Keep office areas in order ensuring supplies are maintained within all offices.
- Manage and maintain administration systems and internal databases.
- Maintain the office facilities including maintenance of equipment and ordering supplies within all offices.
- Assist in the onboarding process for new hires, i.e., set up workstation and stationery.
- Allocation of car park spaces for qualifying staff.
- Managing the corporate mobile phone account (monthly mobile phone report) and issuing mobile devices to qualifying staff where advised.
- Maintain office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and equipment procurement.
- Work closely with HR to ensure that office policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Manage office contracts such as cleaners, utilities, and insurance.
- Assists with organising events such as the staff away day, team leader meetings & department get-togethers.
- Booking staff travel including international and putting together itineraries for staff members and new starters.
- Monitor First Aid and Fire Safety need globally.
- Accountability for the upkeep & calendar for the company flat located in London and Cape Town.
- Liaising with serviced office providers globally during office lease renewal periods.
- Management of the supplier review process for us to continuously meet our ISO 27001 and ISO 9001 accreditation.
- Assist the company in how we can be more environmentally friendly, be willing to explore new ideas and options and present those to leadership
- Demonstrate an ongoing commitment to the achievement of our ISO accreditations, including ISO 14001, 27001 and 9001.
- Manage cleaning booking schedules for the company flats based in London and Cape Town.
- Accurately record utility bills for both properties presenting detailed best-value options to management during renewal periods.
- Regularly visit the Cape Town flat and run-through a property survey / snagging list monthly ensuring the flat is fit for purpose.
- Diary management of both properties.
- Secure recording of key holders.
- Arranging maintenance where necessary.
- Produce up to date documentation/welcome packs ready to be issued to those temporary staying in the property.
- Build out profiles for those staying in the properties and ensure properties remain stocked with the necessary items for each individual.
- Maintain a furniture directory containing details of furniture within each property in case of breakage / if a replacement is needed.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
Skills, Qualification and Experience: -
- Previous experience of working within a UK company or UK environment would be desirable.
- Excellent computer literacy
- Able to prioritise and ensure smooth execution of tasks
- Fluent in English – spoken and written with excellent communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Maintain high levels of professionalism, confidentiality, and initiative
- Well organized with an understanding of priorities and changing demands
- Organisational, planning and multi-tasking skills
- Information gathering and information monitoring skills
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Judgment and decision-making ability
- High attention to detail and accuracy
NB: Security screening will be conducted for this post. We kindly request that agencies do not conduct us re this position.