Our Design & Production Team based in Central London is looking for a Design Consultant to provide strategic/technical security design service to the Group, acting as project manager responsible for the technical and commercial delivery of projects. The role is primarily office based with visits to clients/key stakeholders as and when neccessary. The ideal candidate will be based in our London HQ and must be within reasonable travel distance to Central London. Occasional homeworking could be discussed for the right candidate.
The main requirements of the role are are as follows
- Provide a professional security strategy design service to clients on projects as directed by Senior Management.
- Act as project manager to ensure service and project work are carried out within agreed deadlines and within budget
- Work competently on an independent basis
- Work collaboratively in a multidiscipline design team
- Communicate directly with clients and be able to lead meetings and present when required.
- Prepare technical and financial proposals for new work
- Manage workload of junior engineers and technicians (including verification of quality)
- Prepare and take responsibility for concept and preliminary strategy solutions for detail design
- Set up and manage job/project administrative systems, including planning and monitoring job resourcing/expenditure (adjusting these as necessary)
- Ensure the senior management team are kept informed of important and relevant service/design decisions and the objectives of the client and the company are achieved
- Represent QCIC at meetings with the client, other professionals and suppliers
- Continually ensuring that practices, policies, strategy and services represent the client’s and QCIC’s best interests and that QCIC policy is in keeping with current legislation, British Standards and Codes of Practice etc.
- Participate in marketing QCIC design internally and externally to showcase services on offer
- Complete single page CV for marketing/submissions and update regularly
- Produce related articles for industrial journals and social media
- Participate in team marketing activities and attend networking events
- Prepare fee proposals, terms and conditions for approval
- Scope new projects putting together delivery methodology as directed
- Manage project finances on a monthly basis
- Coach and assist graduates and consultants
- Commitment to CPD and self-learning / development
- Maintain membership of relevant professional body
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Formalised Security design qualification (CPP, PSP or equivalent)
- Understanding of blast mitigation design principles
- Experience of implementation for security management procedures
- Experienced in Counter Terrorist design
- Experienced in Secure by Design practice
- Experienced in design risk management methodology
- 3+ years’ experience in a security consultancy
- Ability to identify and meet project deadlines and deliverables to support other disciplines
- Experience with producing technical reports
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must
NB: Security screening will be required for this post.