The primary focus of the role will be to provide specialist blast modeling and design services for a variety of clients on projects in various parts of the world.
The role requires a person with a broad knowledge of structural engineering as well as an understanding of dynamic loading, material response as well as blast modelling.
The successful candidate will be required to utilise world-class, best-practice solutions as well as apply practical thinking to bring commercially focussed blast solutions to clients' projects.
The core expertise will be the assesment of structures to minimise and negate damage, both to the buildings and public as the result of an explosion.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- An engineer with experience in blast engineering within a consulting business environment or design experience with a contractor/end client;
- Unerstanding of latest modelling processes and programs for the determination of blast loads;
- Experience of using appropriate modelling software applications;
- Strong knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation, regulations, codes of practice, and guidelines
- Be able to produce designs for projects according to relevant Standards/Codes under minimal supervision
- Undertake project development including preparation of briefs, scope of works etc. and completion of technical tasks within the framework of the QCIC's Quality Assurance procedures.
- Possess a willingness to develop their current consultative design skills into a security environment assessing risks and impacts to develop wider security strategies for blast and HVM deliverables as well as working with technologists to provide holistic projects.