We are looking for 2 Application Engineers, one based in our London HQ and the other to be a remote worker to provide technical security design and delivery service to the Group, acting as a senior consultant responsible for the delivery of all technical aspects of projects.
The candidate will be required to work with, clients, integrators, including internal and external engineers on the delivery of integrated security migrations and upgrades for large prestigious and complex projects.
- Participate in marketing QCIC professional services internally and externally to showcase services on offer.
- Complete single page CV for marketing/submissions and update regularly.
- Participate in team marketing activities
- Scope new projects putting together delivery methodology and technical assurance as directed
- Provide a professional security design service to clients on projects as directed by the business.
- Act as project manager
- Work competently on an independent basis
- Work collaboratively in a multidiscipline design team
- Communicate directly with clients
- Prepare technical proposals and designs
- Manage workload of junior engineers and technicians (including verification of quality)
- Prepare and take responsibility for security design from design through to implementation and delivery.
- Monitor financial performance of jobs
- Ensure the senior management team are kept informed of important and relevant decisions and the objectives of the client are achieved
- Ensuring all relevant QCIC staff are informed of client matters
- Represent QCIC at meetings with the client and other professionals
- Ensure service and project work are carried out within agreed deadlines and within budget
- Ensure that appropriate service delivery decisions are met
- Continually ensuring that practices, policies, strategy and services represent the client’s and QCIC’s best interests and that QCIC policy is in keeping with current legislation, British Standards and Codes of Practice etc.
- Coach and assist other engineers and consultants
- Commitment to CPD and self-learning / development
- Actively participate in engaging with and facilitating technical demonstrations by industry leading manufacturers and their products
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- 5+ years’ experience in a security engineering role
- Haveknowledge andexperience of the practical design and implementation of electronic and security systems.
- Experienced and qualified in at least one of the leading Access Control and Video Management manufacturer’s products (CCURE, Lenel, Genitec, Milestone, Avigilon etc.)
- Experience in the delivery of data migration and database management would be beneficial
- Will be familiar with, and have experience of, working on electronic security system upgrades and migrations
- Ability to identify and meet project deadlines and deliverables
- Experience with producing technical reports
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must