The purpose of the Support Technicians is to provide remote operational support to the client’s global, enterprise-level electronic security systems and architecture. The client operational support will be structured in tiers with QCIC fulfilling services between global systems and client support to own and manage issues to resolution.
The Support Technicians will be required to work 3 Saturdays and 3 Sundays per quarter with any additional weekend work other than the above subject to additional remuneration.
The successful candidates will also be required to work a mixture of the day & night shifts on alternative weeks, the day shift is required to be performed in our Cape Town office, the night shift can be performed remotely. This role forms part of our global engineering team so the successful candidates will be liaising with colleagues from the UK, Hong Kong, and the US.
This role would suit an individual who although may not have CCURE experience does have equivalent certifications with IMPRO level 2. We will offer CCURE and Genetec training to the successful candidate.
What you will do
- System Administration, version upgrades, patching, change management and hardware configuration updates and governance
- Day-to-day operations – maintenance and support – including but not limited to reactive support activities, ticket triage, escalations, etc.
- Day-to-day operations – administration – including but not limited to; profile, photo, clearance administration, and reporting
- Day-to-day monitoring of activities within a specific site or region including access control, CCTV, and intrusion detection related activities
- Application related issues (impacting a single site or individual assets on a single site, with limited impact to core business activities)
- Application related issue (impacting day-to-day core business activities and/or multiple sites)
- Planned routine maintenance of associated Access Control & CCTV applications.
What we are looking for
- Level 2 IMPRO certification
- Experience with Enterprise Level Electronic Security Systems
- Experience with deploying and/or supporting
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience with ticketing systems
- Able to assess reported issues and rectify
- Able to work with remote connectivity tools
- Excellent communication skills with peers and clients
- Advanced Knowledge IMPRO, FCwinX, Vanderbilt or similar applications
- Able to provide Microsoft OS support
- Able to perform Network Diagnostics
- Able to understand SQL and Databases
NB: We will conduct security screening on the successful applicant.