The main purpose of this role is to provide supporting technical, design and engineering service to the Group on projects, as directed by the Associate/Associate Director.
The role will be mentored by senior QCIC Consultants / Associates in the delivery of security projects and quality management.
Skills and Experience
- Assist internal project managers with project deliverables through structural design milestone delivery stages.
- Attend internal project design review meetings and distribute meeting minutes and action logs to internal engineers for remediation.
- Assist with the review and formulation of master templates (i.e. presentations, reports), consolidating into a standard format and storing within a pre-established centralised repository.
- Assist senior management with the creation of financial project proposals.
- Complete daily reviews of online project Document Management Systems (DMS), logging actions and items for remediation within a centralised action tracker.
- Collaborate and provide input on project and company presentations as required.
- Use of the company’s internal software to place QCIC drawings onto architect backgrounds.
- Setting up of projects including fee schedules using the company’s timesheet software.
- Excellent Excel skills, able to use various functions to produce and amend fee proposals.
- Excellent attention to detail specifically when comparing contractor’s CAD drawings with QCIC CAD drawings.
- Knowledge of CAD drawings and/or site plans.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Commitment to CPD and self-learning / development.
- Show an aptitude for learning and an increasing understanding of relevant parts of the business
What we are looking for
- Adequate work experience within a similar role.
- Excellent Communication Skills (written and verbal).
- Extensive experience with all office-based applications, inclusive of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint & Word.
- Propensity for multi-tasking, with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Tertiary Education – MEng or BEng (Electric or Electrical Engineering).
- Deadline-driven, with good time management, organisational skills, with a high-level of attention to detail and accuracy.
It would be desirable if you also have
- Use of CAD or similar drawing design tools or modelling systems.
- Proven experience of a security or architectural background.
- Knowledge of RIBA frameworks.
- Familiar with Document Control processes.
Due to the high volume of applicants feedback will only be given to those who successfully reach the interview stage. Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of submitting your application please assume that you have been unsuccessful.
The successful candidate will be required to pass our security screening procedures.